[Buddha-l] Re: Re: Re: The Dalai Lama on Self-Loathing (Stuart Lachs) (Stephen Hodge)

Mitchell Ginsberg jinavamsa at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 7 16:33:28 MDT 2007

Hello Stephen and all,
Is there another citing of this URL that works? I suspect the
%20
should be replaced in each instance with something else, in order to
make this a functional URL.
Thank you.
Mitchell

>    1. Re: Re: Re: The Dalai Lama on Self-Loathing (Stuart Lachs)
>       (Stephen Hodge)
> > Here is a reply from a friend of mine to whom I sent the posting that
> > discussed the DL's remarks and the book The Timely Rain.
>
> Also the Gelders were allowed into Tibet because they were trusted party
> members -- their bias was no secret at the time their book was published.
> Stuart Gelder had also published authorized translations of Mao's writings
> previously so he was a safe pair of hands.  Neither of the Gelders
> understood a word of Tibetan and relied upon the Chinese for their "facts".
>
> This article about their latter-day successor, Parenti, also contextualizes
> the Gelders:
>
> http://www.studentsforafreetibet.org/downloads/A%20Lie%20Repeated.doc
>
> Best wishes,
> Stephen Hodge

In memoriam Robert Solomon:
http://www.geocities.com/jinavamsa/books/TheInnerPalace/TIP_RCS.html
For information on psychotherapy with links of interest:
http://www.geocities.com/jinavamsa/mentalhealth.html
Homepage: http://www.geocities.com/jinavamsa