[Buddha-l] [Fwd: [skepnet] Documentaire: Jesus Camp (2006)]

Erik Hoogcarspel jehms at xs4all.nl
Fri Jul 6 02:45:21 MDT 2007

Joy Vriens schreef:

> I was initially shocked when watching this documentary until I felt as manipulated by the documentary as the documentary wanted me to see those kids being manipulated by camp Jesus. It's religion, no more no less. Conditioning and manipulation, including of children, is everywhere. Most people looked pretty sincere to me, they didn't try to hide their intentions, and the chilldren didn't look unhappy.

Hi Joy, how are things in the Vaatican?
There's religion and there's religion. I'm sure that there are more
similar examples in other religions, but that doesn't mean that this
documentary shows just standard practices in any religion or
christendom. I hope there are no Buddhacamps anywhere in the world.
The fact that everybody still looks happy doesn't prove anthing,
Hitlerjugend also used to look very happy.
> I wonder how Evangelical Christians treat their widows. There is a market of 40 million widows in India to be conquered.
> http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/asiapcf/07/05/damon.india.widows/index.html

They treat them fairly well, I suppose. Most of them would have to
restrict their activities to charity and household, but otherwise they
should be all right.
The cruel treatment of widows in hinduïsm is appalling of course, but
it's no excuse for the Jesuscamp

--

Erik

www.xs4all.nl/~jehms