[Buddha-l] A New Crime

Alex Wilding alex at chagchen.org
Sun Jan 21 19:10:27 MST 2007

Sad, isn't it? Whoever offends me, teaches me, brings me down to earth -
hell, I might even have to laugh at myself!

The freedom to poke fun at the Queen of England (Dr Who fans will know that
the English "royal" family are in fact werewolves), Jesus and all the
saints, Mohammed and his turbaned cronies, Buddha, Hitler, the American
government's abandonment of civilized standards of justice, drunks, yogis,
Catholic priests, masons, people with red hair, Trungpa, the Dalai Lama,
hotel receptionists... (I could go on, but I think you see where I'm going
with this) is vital for cultural health.

What a shame that after two-and-a-half millennia, the Buddhists aren't a bit
more grown up.

All the best
Alex W