[Buddha-l] Query about Francisco Varela

Vera, Pedro L. pvera at health.usf.edu
Mon Jan 15 07:11:50 MST 2007

Hi Joy:

Joy wrote:

>She also mentions that P.Masson-Oursel insisted on a strong ressemblance between the doctrines of Bergson and >Chuangtsu. Other more contemporary writers have written about similarities between Bergson and Zen/Ch'an >(e.g. Michel Larroque) as far as ideas go.

I have also seen some reference to the influence of Daoist philosophy on Stoics. I have never taken the time to follow it up, though, and I do not know how convincing the evidence is (or whether it is even a credible claim). Perhaps the Sino buddhologists in the list have something to say on this.

>I wouldn't understand much of it, but just out of interest could you paste a link ?

The National Library of Medicine at the National Institutes of Health, is an archive of biomedical literature, largely peer-reviewed journal articles (although they do have a few books). You can do topical (e.g. prostate cancer) or author queries. When doing author queries the format is "Last name Initials" (e.g. Vera PL). The abstracts to the articles in Pubmed are free. Some of the full-length articles can be accessed online without a subscription, others (most) require online subscription to the particular journals, which most universities have.

The links is:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?db=PubMed&itool=toolbar

Regards,

Pedro