[Buddha-l] Query about Francisco Varela

Richard Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Wed Jan 10 16:16:23 MST 2007

On Wednesday 10 January 2007 14:51, Barnaby Thieme wrote:

> Varela is far more knowledgeable and eloquent than I in expressing these
> views, and I commend him to any interested party.

Thanks for your summary, which is far from eloquent and informative in its own
right. Your account has whetted my interest in Varela, and (even though I
really am a little to dim-witted to follow much of what he says) I will
follow your leads in reading more of his work. (So far all I have read is The
Embodied Mind.)

Somehow I'm confident that Curt will find a way to twist my admiration for the
Chilean psychologist Francisco Varela into an endorsement of Augusto
Pinochet. But being tortured by Curt is one of the prices one pays for being
a denizen of buddha-l.

--
Richard P. Hayes
Department of Philosophy