[Buddha-l] chavez the autocrat?

curt curt at cola.iges.org
Wed Jan 10 15:29:14 MST 2007

Richard Hayes wrote:
> On Wednesday 10 January 2007 13:37, curt wrote:
>

>> Once again Richard Hayes is caught red handed carrying water for the
>> right-wing media establishment and the Bush Administration!
>>

> Once again Richard Hayes is too slow-witted to follow the subtle "reasoning"
> of Dr. Steinmetz. Having read the article he kindly brings to our attention,
> I see no connection whatsoever to anything I have said on any topic. But
> never mind. This topic of one of my cultural heroes, Hugo Chavez, has
> absolutely no connection to Buddhism and has no place on buddha-l anyway.
>
> So unless you can tie Hugo Chavez in with Linux somehow, I'd drop this one,
> Dr. Steinmetz.

Can I tie Chavez in with Linux? Does the Pope sh*t in the woods?

http://www.technologyreview.com/read_article.aspx?id=16647&ch=infotech

"President Hugo Chavez has long been critical of big transnational
companies, and now his government is promoting free open-source software
as an alternative to market-dominating Microsoft Corp.

Venezuela's science and technology ministry on Friday began the Latin
American Free Software Installation Fair, an event promoting the use of
the open-source Linux operating system and other nonproprietary programs
over Windows by Microsoft."

- Curt