[Buddha-l] Tibetan for...?

Richard Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Thu Jan 4 12:20:42 MST 2007

On Thursday 04 January 2007 11:43, Stephen Hodge wrote:

> Glad to see that you too follow the modern trend and use "data" as a mass
> noun.

Why celebrate the decline of civilization?

It's only because I know that Dr Peavler was pulling our legs that I did not
have a fit of projectile vomiting when I saw the phrase "this data." People
who use "data" as a mass noun make me nauseated (NOT nauseous).

If anyone else had written "this data" I would have removed him or her from
the buddha-l subscription list. Seeing it was Dr Peavler and knowing that he
was tweaking our noses, I slapped my quadracep in a gesture of hilarity.

--
Richard P. Hayes
Department of Philosophy