[Buddha-l] Re: Tibetan for...?

Michael J. Wilson michaeljameswilson at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 3 20:26:48 MST 2007

> >I have a student who would like to make a tattoo in Tibetan for "action speaks louder than words." How would one say this in Tibetan?

Dear Brad

I don't know if your student has set his ink yet, or whatever they call it, but I thought I had a book of "Tibetan Idioms" but can't find it at the moment.  There might be a more Tibetan way of saying "action speaks louder than words".  One of my favourite Tibetan idioms that I can now recall is "Don't load an ox with the load of a dzo!"

all the best
mike

http://mail.yahoo.com