[Buddha-l] Joanna Kirk <jkirk@spro.net>

jkirk jkirk at spro.net
Sun Feb 25 10:09:48 MST 2007

As an older ethnographer, I try to use categories as little as possible.
I so far don't recall ever using 2 of the examples you cite here--but the
term apotropaic, referring to function, I find handy when writing about
conveyance art slogans and some of its symbolism.
I hope that the chap who believes in  demons can be rescued from such
paranoid fantasies.
Best, Joanna