[Buddha-l] Re: unmarried adult male bashing

Piya Tan dharmafarer at gmail.com
Sat Dec 15 02:39:20 MST 2007

And you are doing it very well, Richard. It's never too late to be open
to ourselves why you often express yourself the way you do here.

And doing it in a global manner, too.

Do you know that if this is a real-life classroom, you often sound
like a rude bully?

I get the feeling that you need to remind yourself that you are in
charge, but I'm sure this can be done in a more friendly manner
than hurting some of those whom you have never even met face
to face.

Why so much anger?

This is a great place for learning and exchange, crossing cultures,
shall we keep it so, in a more friendly manner?

Piya Tan

On Dec 15, 2007 7:57 AM, Richard Hayes <rhayes at unm.edu> wrote:

> On Friday 14 December 2007 15:42, Jim Peavler wrote:
>
> > And, I certainly hope, it doesn't stop one from contributing to
> > Buddha-l!!
>
> BUDDHA-L has been recognized by the Department of Homeland Security as an
> intelligence-free zone. Since it takes a certain amount of intelligence to
> maintain an ego, I assume that means this list is also an ego-free zone.
>
> > You might have (gratefully) noticed that I contribute much less than
> > I did in my prime.
>
> In the past there were more people who seriously needed ribbing. Most of
> them
> eventually took the hint and unsubscribed. Since you always delivered some
> of
> our prime ribs back when you were in your prime, I figured your relative
> silence in recent years was due to a want of people worthy of ribbing. But
> that is no doubt projection on my part.
>
> --
> Richard Hayes
> Department of Philosophy