[Buddha-l] Re: Bachelor bashing [was some damn thing about buddha-l digest]

James A. Stroble stroble at hawaii.edu
Wed Dec 12 00:03:29 MST 2007

On Tuesday 11 December 2007 19:18, curt wrote:
> There is no "bashing" involved here. Batchelor himself characterizes
> what he is now up to as a reversion, in his advanced years, to an
> ideology that he is more comfortable with because it reminds him of his
> childhood.
> Curt

I detect that we are about to launch off on some critique of Scottish
Buddhism?  What ideology might this be?  And how might it be a reversion,
instead of a revision of Buddhism?  I am all for revisions, but sceptical of
reversions.
--
     J a m e s   ( A n d y )   S t r o b l e

:The right way to seize a philosopher. Crates, is by the ears: persuade me
then and drag me off by them; but if you use violence, my body will be with
you, but my mind with Stilpo."  Zeno of Citium, Diogenes Laertius, VII:24
09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0