[Buddha-l] Loving your object of study

curt curt at cola.iges.org
Sun Dec 2 12:11:57 MST 2007

jkirk wrote:

> How edifying this list has become, devoted as it is to the binaries of bad
> vs good.
>
> We ought to be grateful that some people take the time, and it requires a
> lot of it,
> to study the dhamma at all, much less go for seclusion and commit to
> internal tranquillity. These days, there's an alternative to seclusion known
> as practicing mindfulness no matter what one is doing.

I admire anyone able to "practice mindfulness no matter what one is
doing." As for me I am only just barely able to practice meditation
under ideal circumstances of "seclusion".

To be perfectly honest, though, I am always at least a little skeptical
about those claim to practice mindfulness in "everyday activity" - *if*
they counterpose that to good, old fashioned meditation "on the cushion"
in a nice quite place.

Curt