[Buddha-l] Rain

Stephen Hodge s.hodge at padmacholing.plus.com
Sun Aug 26 18:55:18 MDT 2007

Dear Joanna,

How's things ?

I see that you guys are getting the rains now.  We've had a little let up
but the temperatures have been unseasonally low.  It'll be a cold winter, I
suspect.

On Buddha-L, have you noticed how dear Dan is again trying to wriggle out of
evidence that he really doesn't read Chinese too well ?  Still, what he
doesn't know is that the material -- from which his earlier quote came --he
has translated for the Numata Foundation will probably be vetted and edited
by me anyway.  Hee, hee.

As for "tut tut" which you asked about a while ago, do you really not have
that over there ??  It's a representation of noise of the tongue clicking on
one's hard palate done to show disapproval.  Not to be confused with the
Afro-Caribbean equivalent, "teef kissin", which is more of a suction on the
lower lip.  So now you know ...

Best wishes,
Stephen