[Buddha-l] Query on Non-Local Consciousness

Franz Metcalf franzmetcalf at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 24 12:11:03 MDT 2007

Curt,

Thanks for the reminder of Ioan's work. I'll look back into it.

Incidentally, I knew Ioan. He was a young, brilliant, and genuinely fun
junior professor at the Divinity School at the University of Chicago
when I was there. While the facts, last I heard, are not completely
known, he is likely the only academic ever to be assassinated for his
politics in the United States. Happened right in Swift Hall on an
otherwise lovely Spring day. Swift Hall is almost all gray stone,
creamy white paint, and gothic wood paneling, but for weeks students
placed the most colorful flowers in the hall outside his office door.

I hope that last detail counts as Buddhist content.

Franz