[Buddha-l] FW: Three year Research Associate, UK, Indian & Buddhist theories of self

James A. Stroble stroble at hawaii.edu
Thu Aug 2 23:07:40 MDT 2007

On Thursday 02 August 2007 16:34, jkirk wrote:
> Hmmmm--think from now on I shall stop writing aso and begin writing nado.
> Aso is, as you point out, too embarrassingly close to aa so.
> The beauty of it is that nobody will know what I've written except Stephen
> and maybe a few other Japanese speakers on the list.
> Heh heh.
> Joanna

But to be really effective you need to reduplicate in Japanese, so
say "nado-nado".  And you can add "zen-zen" to your repetoire, which
literally means "entirely, completely" and so really means "it's nothing".

Ah, I love the smell of comparative linguistics in the evening!
--
     J a m e s   ( A n d y )   S t r o b l e

:The right way to seize a philosopher. Crates, is by the ears: persuade me
then and drag me off by them; but if you use violence, my body will be with
you, but my mind with Stilpo."  Zeno of Citium, Diogenes Laertius, VII:24
09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0