[Buddha-l] FW: Three year Research Associate, UK, Indian & Buddhist theories of self

jkirk jkirk at spro.net
Thu Aug 2 19:49:20 MDT 2007

Along the same lines, I once asked a Navajo what "Yá'át'ééh" literally
means.
She looked at me as if I were a complete idiot and said "It's just what you
say when you greet someone. It doesn't mean anything." I challenged her on
that and insisted it MUST mean something. She looked me straight in the eye
(an unusual gesture for a Navajo) and said "So what does 'Hello' mean?" I
felt obliged to change the subject.

So long,
Richard (now what the hell does THAT mean?)