[Buddha-l] Natural Evil

Michael Paris parisjm2004 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 30 07:48:44 MDT 2007

Having experienced the Catholic Mass in both Latin (properly, the
Tridentine Mass) and English, I can unequivocally say the former
is much more engaging ritual. The English version is
stripped-down, Protestantized if you will.

Mind you, I love the Latin language. All the boys _had_ to learn
Latin in Catholic high school in the 60s. The girls could only
take Spanish or French. Nor did we see said lassies except during
lunch - gender-segregated we were.

During my religious searching days, I was attended some local
Episcopal services. They were rather close to the old Mass,
despite the different spoken liturgy. Incidentally, the 1928 Book
of Common Prayer has some wonderful language, not all PC. My
favorite phrase is something like "We are not worthy to eat the
crumbs from Thy table, O Lord."

<scratching head for Buddhist content....>

MIchael, getting seriously off-topic and begging the moderators'
indulgence (though not in a Catholic sense)