[Buddha-l] A candid question

Michael Paris parisjm2004 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 30 07:36:04 MDT 2007

Joana,

Excellent suggestion. I just did that.

I've no academic affiliation. Fortunately my library has complete
online access, including to ILL. For once my taxpayer dollars are
doing some real good.

Thanks,

Michael

P.S. The book in question is Winston L. King's Theravada
Meditation: The Buddhist Transformation of Yoga, published in
1980 (U. Va Press) and re-published in 1992 (India). It's
searchable on Amazon USA and is available from Amazon UK.

Theravada meditation has become on of my hobbies, both to
practice and study. Life isn't all dukkha! <g>

--- jkirk <jkirk at spro.net> wrote:

> How about first getting any such book on ILL, and looking it
over before
buying?  If you don't have an academic affiliation, most public
libraries
are happy to help patrons get things on interlibrary loan.

> Best, Joanna

[snip]