[Buddha-l] Natural Evil

Richard Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Sun Apr 29 17:53:45 MDT 2007

On Sunday 29 April 2007 14:41, SJZiobro at cs.com wrote:

> > Catholics _know_ God spoke Latin. Church Latin, in fact. I speak
> > with full authority - ex cathedra so to speak - as a former
> > Catholic.
>
> Evidently He now speaks English.

As I recall the Second Vatican Council discovered that God is a polyglot
speaking every language on earth. This feat gives God one of the qualities of
a bodhisattva. Bodhisattvas were expected to know as many languages as
possible to communicate the Dharma to all people in their native tongue
rather than in the language of the educated elite. (All the known texts
voicing these requisites for graduating with honors in bodhisattva studies
were unaccountably written in the language of the educated elite.)

--
Richard Hayes
Department of Philosophy