[Buddha-l] A candid question

Michael Paris parisjm2004 at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 29 14:35:35 MDT 2007

Franz,

I did find a copy (through <http://www.bookfinder.com> of King's
book on Amazon UK.

At the risk of posing a silly question, I'll just ask how good is
it? Worth about $36 US (including shipping)? As always, money is
tight. <sigh>

Thanks,

Michael

--- Franz Metcalf <franzmetcalf at earthlink.net> wrote:

[snip]

> If you can find them, Joy, you might want to take a look at
Winston
King's _The Buddhist Transformation of Yoga_ for discussion of
meditative techniques. And G.S.P. Misra's _The Age of Vinaya_ for
a sense of the proliferation of schools in competition at the
time of the  Buddha. These books are both decades old; no doubt
there are more recent works on the topic; I'd love to hear about
them.