[Buddha-l] Fighting creationism

Vicente Gonzalez vicen.bcn at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 19:57:00 MDT 2007

Scc> The Christian understanding I am familiar with (and I'm not
Scc> alone) is that an infinite Goodness and Wisdom created the
Scc> universe out of Love so that what was not would, in various ways,
Scc> participate that Goodness and Wisdom.

Quietists noted when God is eternal and he is everywhere, then he
cannot be the first cause, because there is not a place or time in
where he was not present. That rectification makes this religion more
coherent. And by the way, it is in agreement with the point of view of
Buddha about Brahma the creator; which is a happy coincidence.

Quietist were heretics although probably it is not important, because
they were a main influence in the all the best Christian mystics.
It is part of a very old battle inside the Church across the History,
so anyone can extract his own conclusions.

In the Coelestis Pastor bull of Pope Innocent XI against Quietist,
there is a catalogue of nice things. Most of them can be enjoyed by
Zen fans:

http://www.papalencyclicals.net/Innoc11/i11coel.htm

best regards,