[Buddha-l] Fighting creationism

Bob Zeuschner rbzeuschner at adelphia.net
Tue Apr 3 22:31:28 MDT 2007

SJZiobro at cs.com wrote:
> Then one is left at least with a possible conclusion that the three (1.
> the world was created; 2. the world is eternal; 3. the world is and will
> remain the result of an infinite regress, which in some sense is a
> subset of the second option here) can neither be proved nor disproved.

If I may interject a remark, I don't see how the first choice is
rational at all.
As I understand it, the Christian creationist claim is:
an incomprehensible being,
using incomprehensible powers,
for incomprehensible reasons,
created the universe.

It seems perfectly reasonable to me to consider this a completely
unsatisfactory explanation, because it explains nothing.
Bob