[Buddha-l] Is Guanyin Catholic?

Baopiguy at comcast.net Baopiguy at comcast.net
Fri Sep 29 11:47:24 MDT 2006

Correct, but Kwan-Yin is perhaps THE leading Boddhisattva, having
originally been Avalokiteshvara, one of Sakyamuni's erstwhile closest
disciples. It's fun to go to major museums, esp. in China and Taiwan
and see the statues and paintings taking him through a series of
sexual gender assignment "surgeries."