[Buddha-l] Swearing

d f tweney dylan at tweney.com
Wed Sep 27 13:35:41 MDT 2006

I can't see myself shouting "samsara!" after hitting my thumb with a
hammer, but yelling "Dukkha!" might do the trick.

What to yell at the motorists who nearly run me over while I'm riding my
bicycle though, that's another question. "Wake up!" or "Pay attention!" is
both buddhist, and compassionate, as well as being practical -- but I find
these don't have quite enough bite to them, you know what I mean?

take care,

--dylan.

--
Dylan Tweney           writer/editor