[Buddha-l] Prostrations and protestations and panic and perturbations

Richard Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Mon Sep 25 16:30:37 MDT 2006

On Monday 25 September 2006 15:38, Bruce Burrill wrote:

> Once you told me that arguing with me was like arguing with a
> watermelon. At least I wasn't an idiot.

What a strange thing to say. I wonder what on earth I meant by that! It sounds
like the sort of thing I would say when I knew you had completely demolished
my credibility and I was left spluttering incomprehensible inanities. It
happens to me often in discussions, because I know hardly anything and yet
insist on spouting off as if I were a polymath.

--
Richard P. Hayes
Department of Philosophy