[Buddha-l] anti

Nichts nichtsistnichts at filousophie.de
Mon Sep 25 11:09:30 MDT 2006

Am 25.09.2006 um 18:24 schrieb Richard Hayes:

>> Zionism was the realization that there is no chunk of turf in this
>> whole world where a particular tribe can live in peace.
>
> I thought that was a teaching in Buddhism. In fact I recall doing a
> Buddhist
> retreat about twelve years ago where we studied some prajnaparamita
> literature. One of the texts we read had a line to the effect that a
> person
> is ready to be a bodhisattva when he or she realizes, without fear,
> that
> there is no place in the universe even the size of an atom that anyone
> can
> call home and on which anyone can live in peace. I firmly believe that
> the
> Buddhist got this one right.
Thank you very much for this advice Prof. Hayes. This was surely a
great realisation in your retreat. Sadly, when the jews had their great
retreat in Ausschwitz they still missed it. What a pity.

> Your logic circuits have evidently been fried by a state of panic
> carefully manufactured by power-hungry politicians bent on expanding
> their empire. (I refer here to the armed and
> dangerous thugs who currently reside in some white house in a country
> that I
> am not at liberty to mention.)
The US President you refer to states steadfastly the Iraq war made the
USA and the world safer. Also recently, for the fifth anniversary of
9/11 he repeated it. He said this despite a report from his own secret
service which proves the opposite. The Islamic terrorism is world-wide
on the advance, and the Iraq war is a central cause for it. Which
proves another Buddhist truth: that people only read and hear what they
want to read and hear.

All the best
Thomas Fink