[Buddha-l] Buddhism and the "status quo"

Richard Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Sun Sep 24 15:58:45 MDT 2006

On Fri, 22 Sep 2006 09:28:06 -0600
  Jim Peavler <jmp at peavler.org> wrote:

> Hey Dan! I don't think Richard (though I can't speak for
>him since he  keeps insisting on speaking for himself)
>said he was rooting for the  anti-Semitic fascist. I
>think he was pointing out that the anti- Semitic fascist
>had said some things about our current administration
> that hit the mark. The devil himself speaks truth
>sometimes.

That is pretty much exactly what I would say if I were
allowed to speak. Wait a minute! I AM allowed to speak, or
at least write. So let me add that I think this line of
reasoning that you attribute to me is much too subtle for
Dan. He seems to think that if you eat a bite of the
enchilada, then you eat the whole enchilada. If you like
anything that Ahmadinejad said, then you must agree that
it would be a good idea to wipe Israel off the map, or at
least (as Ahmadinejad has said in other contexts) set up
Israel in Germany rather than in Palestine, since it is
the Germans and not the Palestinians who owe the Jews an
apology and perhaps some kind of restoration.

Richard Hayes
Department of Philosophy
University of New Mexico