[Buddha-l] Natural lucidity for Socrates

jkirk jkirk at spro.net
Mon Sep 4 13:59:15 MDT 2006

> Most of the works I have read that are supposed to be the words of  the
> Buddha seem to be monologues. Are there any Buddhists works that  are
> dialogues between the Buddha and his friends/enemies?
>

> Fools Crow
> foolscrow at marmotpress.org
Sure------see the Pali canon online at access to insight.
He debates with students of ascetics who send one of their devotees to
"test" the Buddha by asking him questions their guru thinks will stump the
Buddha.....you can guess the results. He debates with Brahmins about purity
(by birth vs by actions). Read the Questions of Milinda........and much
more.
Joanna