[Buddha-l] Dissent or Service?

Alberto Todeschini at8u at virginia.edu
Fri Oct 6 14:07:06 MDT 2006

Jon Weaver said:

> I'm not letting us Buddhists off  the hook.

Neither am I. One thing that often disappoints me is how little many
Buddhists do to avoid wrecking havoc with the environment. Sure,
Buddhists compare favorably with the average population, but I don't see
the level of awareness and engagement that the environment deserves.
For instance, I am thinking about my friend who goes to the length of
escorting cockroaches out of his apartment rather than killing them but
at the same time leaves permanently on both his and his wife's computer,
thereby wasting great amounts of energy. How many others have similar
behaviors?

Regards,

Alberto Todeschini