[Buddha-l] Persecution in modern Colorado?

d f tweney dylan at tweney.com
Wed Oct 4 14:19:29 MDT 2006

On Wed, 4 Oct 2006, Joy Vriens wrote:

> As I found it inspiring to read that the White House could still be
> "outraged and disgusted" with something. They must not be beyond
> redemption then after all and I keep hoping that one day they will have
> a similar strong reaction to civilians being wounded or killed in a far
> away country by the misdirected actions of their democratic army.

I hold no such hope. I used to, but I lost it two weeks ago when I heard
George Bush on the radio talking about the Geneva Convention. He said (and
I'm paraphrasing) "The problem with the Geneva Convention is that it's too
vague. It says that you can't do anything that's 'offensive to human
dignity.' But what does that mean? It's just too vague."

I was astonished to hear the man admitting on public radio that he did not
have any comprehension of human dignity or what it might mean to offend
human dignity. It does explain a lot though.

What does the buddha say about human dignity?

--dylan.

--
Dylan Tweney           writer/editor
dylan.tweney.com       dylan at tweney.com