[Buddha-l] Is Guanyin Catholic?

jkirk jkirk at spro.net
Sun Oct 1 09:27:48 MDT 2006

Vicente, thanks for the info about Virgin Mary/Guanyin devotion in the
Phillipines--that's news to me, as is the "Kannon Mary" devotion in Japan.

However, I wonder why you think "how Buddhists can maintain
> that advice of not making offerings to outer gods in this case."
Where is the injunction against offering to "outer gods"?
Do you have a source for this?

Thanks, Joanna