[Buddha-l] Pudgalavada #3a

Stephen Hodge s.hodge at padmacholing.plus.com
Wed Nov 29 18:29:28 MST 2006

Dan Lusthaus wrote:

> The Longer version (pt. 1):
You might care to look at a hard copy of this or else access an annotated
digital version.  There are a number of important variant readings shared by
major editions contra Koryo which you might like to consider vis a vis your
rendering.
I'll try and not disappoint you with your invitation for suggestions /
improvements -- there are several bits of your rendering which I find odd.
Nevertheless, I am sure we would both agree that T1505 is a very demanding
text, many parts of which may defy a definitive translation.  But I need to
mull over things for a few days, so I'll get back to you -- I don't see
anybody else rushing in meanwhile.

Best wishes,
Stephen Hodge