[Buddha-l] Tibetan word for "meditation"

Joy Vriens joy at vrienstrad.com
Wed Nov 22 03:18:56 MST 2006

Joanna wrote:

"a former Muslim friend now living in the US converted to Tibetan Buddhism. Under the guidance of his lama back in India his practice consists entirely of recitations and deity practice. I have thought for some time that he could benefit from learning meditation, I gave him the address and phone of a Gelugpa group in his city that offers meditation, but since his lama does not teach it, he doesn't learn it. He has become completely dependent on this lama's occasional communications, and he has found no more contentment than he had before he converted."

Sounds familiar.

Joy