[Buddha-l] Photographs of buddha-l regulars

Richard Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Wed Nov 1 19:15:48 MST 2006

On Wednesday 01 November 2006 17:21, Alex Wilding wrote:
> Richard wondered, in the light of:
> > For reason's I'll never understand, a search for a
> > photo of Lance Cousins turned up, among other things,
> > a picture of Jane Goodall kissing a chimpanzee---which
> > makes me wonder just exactly how Google works.
>
> I would expect this has something to do with chimpanzees being our cousins.

Well, I'll be a monkey's uncle! I think you have cracked the Google algorithm.

> As a dyed-in-the-wool egotist I tried it on myself and got a whole gallery
> of pictures to do with me me me

I now retract what I said earlier. I looked at your photo, Alex, and it was
EXACTLY how I have pictured you in my mind's eye for all these years. The
resemblance is so uncanny that I have converted to Yogacara (the real
idealistic kind, not the revised phenomenalist version that Lusthaus has been
peddling). Indeed, so convinced am I that everyone is a figment of my
imagination I have become a solipsist.

I must stop talking to myself, lest all those figments of my wild imagination
think I am crazy. (Little do they know, if I'm crazy, so are they.)

--
Richard Hayes
Department of Philosophy