[Buddha-l] On typos, pilgrims and travellers

Alberto Todeschini at8u at virginia.edu
Thu May 4 14:32:16 MDT 2006

Dear Stephen,

Thank you for your reply.
>> in this thread on Xuan Xhang ...
>>
> Yet, another variant spelling of the man's name.   I wonder why is pinyin
> such a challenge for people ?
Good question....In my case the problem is that they put the "z" next to
the "x" in my keyboard. Next time I'll probably spell it Xuan \hang.

 While on the topic of travellers, do you know whether the Indian monk
met by Kuukai in Nara was an isolated case or were there other brave
Indian Buddhists who undertook the long trip to Japan?

Thanking you in advance,

Alberto Todeschini