[Buddha-l] religious pluralism in Asia

jkirk jkirk at spro.net
Fri Mar 10 14:17:23 MST 2006

I think you read more into what I posted than warranted.
Yes, it was political. (In fact, many of world history's religious
persecutions were political, au fond.) No, it was indeed against
"Christians," regardless of which denominations got off and which
didn't--that is how they were identified.
Quite probably, those who were in danger and their priests (Catholics as you
reminded us) felt that Christianity itself was being persecuted.
Oh, and BTW--I did not frame anything in the terms of the separation of
church and state as we in the USA debate it. So that point is irrelevant to
what I posted.

As for the crucifixions------but of course!
However, I thought that the irony of it was obvious.
Joanna