[Buddha-l] Seduction of a holy man

Dan Lusthaus dlusthau at mailer.fsu.edu
Thu Mar 2 07:46:56 MST 2006

Stan,

> If you do recall the title please give me the pertinent bibliographic
> information.  I'd like to read this.  Is this now in English or only in
> Japanese?  I'd prefer the Japanese.  Mishima's prose is excellent.

I agree, Mishima is definitely one of the 20th century masters of the
language.

The Japanese title, with the book it appears in is:

Shiga-dera shōnin no koi

志賀寺上人の恋

(1956)

Mishima Yukio

三島由起夫

In _Misakiniteno monogatari_

岬にての物語

Shinchōsha, Tokyo, 1978

That title, in English, would be "the Shiga Temple Monk's Love" -- I don't
remember if the English title is similar or different. There is a very good
English translation that appears in a translated collection of his short
stories, but it's been too long since I've seen it to remember the title.
Perhaps a search of Amazon might uncover it.

Dan Lusthaus