[Buddha-l] Re: What are the "joys of living"?

Vicente Gonzalez vicen.bcn at gmail.com
Mon Jun 26 09:58:03 MDT 2006

Benito wrote:

BC>    Not  at all, the five precepts were a minimum, not a
BC> maximum,  as the uposatha precepts can teach you. There
BC> is  also  the  bodhisattva precepts. And lay people can
BC> take so many vows as they want.

you can do the juggling that you want. But these special rules are not
a permanent guide for the lay people. Just are an additional practice
to observe in special days. As many others: the retires, to be engaged
in social tasks, avoid eating meat, etc...
Therefore, there is not any precept for lay people to avoid dance and
sex.

Until we have some rectification from  another Buddha, precepts for
the lay people still are the same five, already explained 2.500 years
ago.

best regards,