[Buddha-l] Re: What are the "joys of living"?

Benito Carral bcarral at kungzhi.org
Sun Jun 25 02:21:14 MDT 2006

On Sunday, June 25, 2006, Jim Peavler wrote:

> So  lets  get  back  to  good  old-fashioned  mundane
> Buddhism as she is seen on the streets.

   Are  you saying that we can't point how indulging in
attachments  and  enjoying  samsara  is contrary to the
Dharma? Are you condemning as proselytizing the fact of
criticizing relaxed bohemian attitues?

Do  you  considere  expressions like:

> You  sound  like  some  sort  of Born Again Buddhist:
> fanatically attached to precepts, yet too ignorant to
> become released from them

as an act of proselytizing in favor of decandent Dharma
without any textual support?

> We  have been told the absolute truth about what real
> Buddhism  is  and  what real Buddhists think, and how
> real Buddhists act.

   Can you appreciate that there are some views plainly
contrary  to  the  Dharma  as,  for instance, defending
killing   or  lust?  Can  you  appreciate  the  textual
support:  pali  sutras,  uposatha  precepts, Sheng-yen,
Thich Nhat Hanh, against cero textual evidence in favor
of   indulging?  Are  you  promoting/proselytizing  the
liberal decadent Dharma as the Buddha-L's official one?
Are you trying to say that providing textual support is
an act of proselytizing?

   Best wishes,

--
Benito Carral