[Buddha-l] Re: The Buddha, an 'emotional weakling'? What are the "joys of living"?

Benito Carral bcarral at kungzhi.org
Sat Jun 24 14:54:03 MDT 2006

On Saturday, June 24, 2006, Stefan wrote:

> I  don't  expect liberation [...] I'm not a monk, and
> neither a Buddhist.

   That's up to you.

> Say,  if  personal gratification is so kilesatic, how
> come you post so many posts to the Buddha-L?

   Someone  has  to  remember that enjoying samsara and
indulging   in  attachments  has  nothing  to  do  with
Buddhism.

   I  find it amazing how the Dharma is degenerating in
Westerners'  hands.  I  think  that  people  used to be
humble enough to admit their weaknesses, but we tend to
be  so proud that glorify our weaknesses and see faults
in the Dharma.

   About "personal gratification," see my next comment.

> It  seems that you somehow experience lust to want to
> post and get responses.

   As  I  said  you before, you can see a lot of things
that are not actually present, that's called _illusion_
and it is something that we Buddhists care about.

   Best wishes,

--
Benito Carral
  Asturias, Sepharad (Spain)