[Buddha-l] Introducing Buddhism

Malcolm Dean malcolmdean at gmail.com
Tue Jun 20 12:47:14 MDT 2006

Recently someone new to the list asked about books on Buddhism.
Scavenging on Amazon.com, I was reminded of their "Listmania" feature.
Several lists shown there are aimed at beginners - some with an
emphasis on Zen, others on classics from the region, and so on.

Given the high level of scholarship available on this list, I wonder
if we might develop a consensus bibliography of essential books,
possibly divided into categories. This list could be sent in response
to inquiries from newbies, and it could be posted on the Web and on
Listmania.

Whaddaya say?

Malcolm Dean
Los Angeles