[Buddha-l] Re: Dependent arising variants

Benito Carral bcarral at kungzhi.org
Tue Jan 31 19:22:04 MST 2006

On Wednesday, February 1, 2006, Stan Ziobro wrote:

> Is  birth  the  cause  of  death,  or  is it simply a
> necessary condition [...]

   I'm  with you here. :-) Some days ago I have read an
intoduction   to   Sociology   quite   famous  in  many
universities  of  the  US. Among many other things, the
author said, "The cause of divorce is marriage." I will
not  talk  about  the  author's  political  bias, but a
thought  immediately  came  to  my  mind, "It's not the
cause, just a necessary condition."

   Best wishes,

   Beni