[Buddha-l] gong xi fa chai!

Malcolm Smith malcolm at virupa.org
Fri Jan 27 07:48:37 MST 2006

Yes, this is called one's "rang lo"-- it is generally considered that the
animal year of one's birth is a year fraught with obstacles.

It depends however on which one-- as we all know, being 12/13 is terrible.
But 24/25, etc. is not so bad, 60/61 and 72/73 are held to be pretty bad.

Generally, it is a good year not to start anything new.