[Buddha-l] Moralistic Therapeutic Buddhism?

curt curt at cola.iges.org
Wed Jan 25 21:46:31 MST 2006

Richard P. Hayes wrote:

> Let's bow our heads. Oh Lord, I pray that
>when the End Time comes, you'll find it in your heart to pay us more
>overtime (those of us who aren't left behind, that is, with all those
>corrupt Republicans, wondering what the hell hit them.) Give our regards
>to your son, Lord. We're all praying he'll leave the Unitarians.
>That's all for now, Lord. All of us here on buddha-l are looking forward
>to the Rapture.

I don't know why someone hasn't already done a parody of the "Left
Behind" books. It would be so easy. I would entitle it "Thank God". I
mean, how many "red states" do you think there will be after the
Rapture? Probably just one - Alaska. Most of the Republicans in Alaska
are Pagans, I think. In fact, I was at a little Pagan discussion group
last weekend and one of the people there made it known that he was a
Republican. I couldn't help myself - before I knew it I heard myself
saying "You're a Republican Witch? Aren't you people running the country
now?" I usually try to reserve such rude remarks for Buddha-L.
- Curt