[Buddha-l] Jesus is Buddha?

Robert Morrison sgrmti at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 24 13:50:31 MST 2006

Richard:

This is where we disagee. I claim we really don't have the faintest
idea what the Buddha taught. All we can know is what some people tell us
the Buddha taught. But their account is already an interpretation, a
rewriting of history.
<

Surely, just as we do not know what the Buddha actually taught, how can we
say that what we have is nothing more than an interpretation, or a rewriting
of history - surely we would have to know what he taught in order to make
such a statement?

After all, I assume that as these early disciples weren't fishermen (aka
Hume), they might be a bit more honest and reliable.

Robert Morrison