[Buddha-l] Jesus is Buddha?

curt curt at cola.iges.org
Sun Jan 22 12:30:41 MST 2006

I have to admit that I was sitting here laughing heartily at the crack
about Nagarjuna driving him insane - and then I got this. Well put,
Richard. It reminds me of the Kenny Wheeler "thread" back a while. I
hesitated to pile on to that thread (to be honest I can't remember if I
finally did or not) - and my hesitation was partly due to the fact that
I have actually met Kenny in the flesh. When he is not acting out his
paranoid delusions he can be a funny and personable guy who is a very
good photographer and has lots of interesting stories about hiking the
Appalachian trail (and about 80% of his body is covered in tattoos - for
real). I am on his personal shit list now (and have been for years), so
it doesn't really matter much whether I can see his good side or not, at
least as far as he is concerned. Some of the free pdf's he has on his
website are actually pretty worthwhile - like George Woodhouse's
biography of Gemisthos Plethon (which, in turn, contains Woodhouse's
translation of Plethon's "De Differentiis".
- Curt