[Buddha-l] Re: Meditating Buddha

Benito Carral bcarral at kungzhi.org
Fri Jan 20 14:15:34 MST 2006

On Friday, January 20, 2006, Stefan Detrez wrote:

> Textually   this  is  true.  Yet  'exegetically'  the
> problem remains why a Buddha has to meditate.

   The  Buddha  had  not  to  meditate but his life was
meditation.  When he taught, he was meditating; when he
collected  alms,  he  was meditating; when he slept, he
was meditating; when we seated, he was meditating...

> And  then you can wonder how, if ever, the Dharma was
> spread,  when there was no actual need to proselytize
> (notwithstanding  the fact he was convinced by others
> to do so).

   A  lot  of  people  went  to  visit  the  Buddha for
receiving  teaching,  and the Buddha also went to visit
some people by his own initiative, out of compassion.

   Best wishes,

   Beni