[Buddha-l] Eckhart Tolle

Joy Vriens joy.vriens at nerim.net
Wed Jan 11 01:57:14 MST 2006

Vaj wrote:

> I'm guessing something like that. Since Mahesh ("Maharishi") has lived
> for years there I would not be surprised.

Although I remember that when I was about thirteen, we had a visit in
our (catholic) school by a swami (or at least an Indian looking person
in white trousers with a low crotch and narrow trouserlegs around the
shins) who taught us meditation. There was no mantra involved, simply an
exercise in awareness. I was even then surprised how much we liked it
and how there actually was real silence during the meditation.

Later in the same school, a biology teacher organised TM classes, but
that was after school. It seemed normal then to me that these sort of
events were organised in schools, but I know that in France, such a
thing would be nearly impossible.

Joy