[Buddha-l] it's not about belief -= science & Christian religion

Jim Peavler jpeavler at mindspring.com
Sat Jan 7 10:47:42 MST 2006

On Jan 6, 2006, at 11:43 AM, Bob Zeuschner wrote:

> (2) Modern science is concerned with finding out what is true and
> NOT assuming that we already know what is true.
> During the middle ages, what passed for science was studying nature
> to determine what lesson god was teaching us.

Yes. And, contra Curt, this seems to be exactly the position of what
passes for science in Islam. Every so called "scientific" article I
can find by an Islamic apologist is arguing that all of modern
science (with the exception of evolution which is damnable) is
prefigured in the Quran. I have so far been unable to find a single
actually scientific article by an Islamic writer. And I do not see
much science being developed in any Islamic country. Building nuclear
reactors and bombs at this stage is technology, not science.