[Buddha-l] Seduction of a holy man

Dan Lusthaus yogacara at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 18:28:59 MST 2006

Stan,

There is an excellent story by Mishima (the title escapes me at the moment)
that fits none of the types you spell out. A Buddhist ascetic catches a
glimpse of a court lady going by in a pallaquin, and follows her a great
distance to the palace, camping out outside her palace with little hope of
actually seeing her, pining for her. I won't give away anything else, since
it is a great read. Anyone remember offhand the title of this short story?
(I seem to remember it is something like "the old sage and the lady" but I
don't think that's it)

Dan Lusthaus